Student Section Membership Benefits
ASSE members often attend student section meetings and vice versa. This provides a link between employers and perspective employees. Becoming a member of the student section benefits you in:
- Membership in a professional organization
- Interaction with other students with similar interests
- Job availability announcements – ASSE Online Community offers a Career Center which lists job opportunities. Also offers mentoring services provided by professionals.
- Scholarships – ASSE, the Foundation and many Chapter sponsor scholarship programs involving student sections. The Foundation also sponsors research grants
- Conferences – ASSE sponsored conferences and seminars are available to members of Student Sections at a reduced rate.
The American Society of Safety Engineers Foundation, established by and in partnership with the American Society of Safety Engineers, generated funding and provides resources for scholarship, applied research, academic accreditation and related academic initiatives in order to advance the safety, health and environmental profession. The Foundation currently supports these initiatives:
- Fostering Future Safety and Health Professionals – Award Scholarships, internships and fellowships to students and faculty pursuing safety and health studies in accredited college and university degree programs.
- Conducted Applied Safety Research – Support safety and health research initiatives and publish findings that advance accident and illness prevention.
- Expanding Accreditation of Safety and Health Curriculum – Provide funding and direction to colleges and universities with safety degree programs seeking ASSE/ABET accreditation.
ECU Student Section
the mission of the ECU Students Section is to function within the purview of the ASSE. In line with the goal of the American Society of Safety Engineers, the Students Section is designed for students who are pursuing a career in the Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) fields. It also seeks to provide additional opportunities for students to learn more about their chosen areas of study, as well as promote interaction between students and safety professionals.
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_April 2017
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_March 2017
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_January 2017
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_November 2016
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_April 2016
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_February 2016
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_November 2015
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_June 2015
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_March 2015
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_December 2014
- ASSE_ECU Section Newsletter_November 2014